This client's product was put into a box at the end of the assembly line process and closed using a connecting clip. About 25% of the time, there was a gap between the base and the side of the box. Assembly line workers needed to manually hammer in the connecting clip to make the box close, often resulting in product damage.
Allen Field designed a custom connecting clip to draw the two box panels together before the part is inserted. The connecting clip could be fastened in one easy motion without any tools during the assembly process. As a result, additional manual labor to force the box closed was no longer required and the need to inventory rubber mallets was eliminated. The customer realized a 35% savings on a part-to-part basis, and has selected Allen Field as the primary supplier of this key component.
- * The solution was turnkey.
- * Laber costs were reduced and production increased.
- * Product damage was eliminated.
- * The clip is easy to remove allowing for access to the product and the box to be reused for repackaging.
- * Allen Field box connecting clips cost less, reducing packaging costs.